Commercial Business Owners & Managers! Learn How Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) Insulation Can Reduce Your Roofing Costs and Save You Time With Repairs & Maintenance.
Usually, your business or commercial roof is the most vulnerable part of the building as it is exposed to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind beating on it throughout the year. Each of these elements from the weather can cause:
- Small to major leaks due to weaknesses in the roof, weak seams or an improperly fastened roofing system
- Water build-up, puddles or heavy snow that can cause sagging or the roof to cave in due to the weight
- Damage to parts of the building from high winds that up-lift overhangs, over-laps, joints, exposed edges and flashing
- More expensive damage during severe weather (tornado, tropical storm or hurricane) from flying debris or from roof being blown away
These are just a few of the reason why it is important to cover your building with a roofing system that can withstand the beating of the different weather elements throughout the year, especially, high winds.
Advantages of Applying Spray Foam Insulation on Commercial Roofs
"Based on observations made during Hurricane Andrew, Hurricane Hugo and the 1990 Plainfield (Ill.) tornado, it appears that SPF roof systems have the potential to be excellent performers during high wind events." - Thomas Lee Smith, AIA, CRC National Roofing Contractors Assoc.
Because many commercial buildings are equipped with a built-up membrane roofing (BUR) system, they are prone to the aforementioned list of problems, which can be costly and time consuming to fix and ultimately, affect your bottom line.
How can you help protect your investment in your building the next time a raging storm or weather pattern blows through?
Make sure you are covered with a spray polyurethane foam roof that has been properly installed by professionals, such as Spraytight Inc. If done correctly, the smooth foam will adhere to the deck and building walls so tightly, that there will be no need for fasteners, nor joints or edges.
The advantages that spray foam roofing provides over conventional roofing methods include:
- 100% adhesion to uneven surfaces requiring no fasteners
- Light weight, yet rigid
- Provides extra strength to stand up to the force of nature
- Resilient enough to resist flying debris
- Protects building interior from leaks or water damage
- Creates an airtight barrier to reduce cost and save energy
- Nearly maintenance free
- Can be refreshed to last for years
Video of Finished Foam Sprayed Roof
Roof Re-Coating with Spray Foam Insulation
If your building has a traditional roofing system (asphalt, rubber, or membrane) it is going to need to be repaired or replaced due to wear and tear over time due to exposure to the elements, storms and other severe weather. This can not only be expensive but time-consuming, especially if you have to do it more than once.
Our re-coating system can solve those issues by providing a clean, economical and ecological alternative to waste-generating tear-offs and to recycle your roof. The product we use to apply to your roof is GacoFlex S-20, a solvent-free 100% silicone coating. With this system an existing roof can be restored without incurring needless repairs or interrupting the daily operations of your business.
The S20 Flex series can also be applied over pre-existing elastomeric roof coatings, metal roofs, built-up roofing, mineral cap sheet, and weathered single ply membranes (EPDM, Hypalon, and TPO/CPA.
Eight benefits to re-coating or restoring your buildings roof with spray polyurethane foam:
- No Tear-Offs
- The life of your roof will last much longer
- Seamless waterproofing
- Can be applied over metal
- No pooling of water - warrantied
- Re-covering is green
- Less expensive than traditional repairs
- Full system warranties
Gallery of Roofing Projects
Temporary & Emergency Roofing
Because of its characteristics, spray foam is an excellent choice for emergency coverage. When bad weather strikes leaving your home or building exposed to the elements spray foam can be applied quickly to form a leak resistance temporary rooftop that could save you money and headaches in the long run.
Commercial Building Roof Maintenance and Prevention Plan
If you own or manage a business you know how important it is to stay focused on the things that matter. Building maintenance really matters when it becomes a problem but that takes focus away from your core business. We can help.
Let us worry about your building roof. We'll check for damage and wear on a regular basis so your roof never becomes a "code red" situation. We have the knowledge and remediation capabilities to keep your building roof in tip-top shape.
Here is what our annual roof inspection and remediation plan includes:
- 24 hour emergency maintenance for any natural or unnatural breakdown
- Monthly inspections of your facility to assess for damage and to prevent any further damage from occurring
- A written copy of our monthly inspection will be submitted within a three day period to owner or appropriate personal of your facility
- All prices are flexible and negotiable but do depend on level of deterioration
For a reasonable rate we can reduce your worries and keep your building on track for a long and healthy future.
You may also be interested in spray foam insulation for storage tanks & industrial sites
To dramatically improve the efficiency, air quality & insulation of your attic, fill out our "Request an Estimate" form just below.