Spray Foam Insulation for Your Metal Building & Warehouse
You'll Be Amazed at How More Comfortable and Energy Efficient Your Steel Building Will Be
Spray-applied polyurethane foam (SPF) can provide an excellent way to insulate your metal building & warehouse or augment its weatherproofing. Typically, these buildings are large and are used for a variety of reasons. Below is a list of types of buildings that you may be interested in having insulation applied:
- Fulfillment Centers
- Additional Storage Centers
- Automated Warehouses
- Distribution Centers
- Climate Controlled Warehouses
- Equipment Storage
- General Use
Whatever you will be using your steel building for, whether storage, general use or fulfillment, you will need to insulate it. Especially, if you live in a part of the country, such as Michigan, where there are considerable temperature swings and changes of seasons.
Disadvantages With Having No Insulation Installed in Your Building or Warehouse
If you have just built your first large metal structure or have had one for quite some time, then insulating it may not have crossed your mind, so, here are some issues you could run into if you don't insulate it properly:
- You'll spend more money on heating and cooling costs
- No air barrier throughout the roof and walls, causing condensation which promotes rust
- Loss of cold or hot air through the roof, walls, doors, windows and floors
- Not a very comfortable environment to be in for too long
- Growth of mildew and mold due to moisture
Because metal is an excellent conductor of heat, you'll find that if you don't apply insulation, you're building will be sweltering hot in the Summer and freezing cold in the winter. And since there are many sizes and shapes of metal buildings, it is important to get the proper measurements and have the insulation applied correctly and safely. Doing so will allow you to reap the following benefits:
So we liked Eric so much that when we moved we had to invite him back to do insulation in our new home. Did walls, attic "hot roof", cantilever, rim joists on the entire 2nd floor addition. Awesome experience again, and we will certainly use him if we ever move again.
Benefits of Having Spray Foam Applied in Your Metal Building
- Seals up the air, providing a barrier to keep moisture out
- Lower costs on your heating and cooling bills
- Provides superior R-value per inch, reducing both heating and cooling costs
- Fills in all the gaps, holes, and crevices in the building structure
- Strengthens the existing building structure
- Prevents the nesting of rodents, bugs or birds
- Muffle sound from interior equipment or activity
- The lighting will be more efficient
- Never settles, shrinks, compresses or sags, maintaining its insulation efficiency for the life of the structure
As you can see, proper insulation can significantly improve your return on investment with any steel building or warehouse which will keep it clean, make it last longer and protect the health of those utilizing its space.
Learn about spray foam insulation for parking garages & structures and it's many benefits.
Metal Building Projects Gallery
To dramatically improve the efficiency, air quality & insulation of your attic, fill out our "Request an Estimate" form just below.